The pictured horn is a Briz 980 with gold brass bell, first branch and leadpipe. The body, valves, slides and tubings are made of nickel silver. These horns are free blowing and produce a big sound. MSRP starts at $2958 depending on material, fixed or detached bell and linkage. I’m offering “e-pricing” on these. I have one of these ready to go.. This horn compares favorably with Kruspe style horns that are popular in the US. Let me know if you would like an e-price.
- Metal: Nickel Silver Body, slides. Gold brass bell, flare and first branch. Can be ordered with nickel silver branches.
- Pitch: A=442
- Key: F/B-flat with reversible thumb key
- Rotors: Precision ground, hand lapped, tapered. The valve rotors are brass and the casings and bearings are nickel silver.
- Linkages are cord. Elegant engraved valve caps are standard. Adjustable pinky hook
- Bore: 0.468 inch
- Bell Size: 12.125 inch. Large American style throat is standard.
- Bell Flare: Fixed or Detachable (detachable is extra). The Briz bell ring is a unique proprietary product.
- Weight 5 lb 2 oz
- Options: Smaller European Bell, special taper leadpipe, Bare brass. These would be special ordered only after consulting with the manufacturer
The colors are difficult to accurately capture. The large picture above was taken in a studio with an expensive camera. The small one was taken by me with an iPhone. The iPhone obviously makes brasses appear redder than is perceived by the human eye.